DISTRICT EDUCATION OFFICE, GANJAM, BRAHMAPUR
The Inspector of Schools, Ganjam Circle is one of the biggest circles of Odisha established on 05.07.1947 taking undivided Ganjam &Phulabani Revenue Districts. Subsequently in the year 1975 Phulabani was separated from Ganjam Circle. As per the Notification No. IV-SME/E (I)-33/2012: 1395/SME dated. 30.05.2012 of the School and Mass Education Department, Govt. of Odisha Ganjam Circle has been divided into District Education Office, Ganjam and Gajapati.
- To look after the overall development of academic and administrative setup of Secondary Education.
- To develop general foundation in different subjects like Mathematics, Science, English, MIL, Social Science & Classical Languages.
- To provide various exposures, guidance and counseling to the students to build their carrier.
- To provide basic skills at Secondary Level so as to enable the student to stand in their own feet.
- To monitor the progress of curricular, co-curricular and extracurricular achievements in schools.
- To provide and ensure quality education to all young persons of 11-16 years with strong focus on gender equity & justice.
- Development of Health & Hygiene, Games and Sports activities.
- Development of mental skills by organising different types competitions like Essay, Debate, Quiz etc.
- Development of spiritual value and moral education among the students by implementing Yoga &Pranayam as co-scholastic subject.
- Organisation of Science Exhibition, Science Seminar, Science Drama to build scientific temper in the student and make Science a popular subject at secondary stage.
- To enhance a sense of service mentality in the minds of future citizens of country through Scout , Guide, JRC, NCC etc.
- Conducting focus programme for high achievers to achieve quality in the High School Certificate Examinations.
- Orientation programme on Adolescence Education, Traffic Rules, Health & First Aids etc.
- To create environmental awareness through Eco Club activities.
- Inculcate a sense of traditional heritage, culture & customs among the students.
- Establishment of Model Schools in 17 Educational Backward Blocks.
- Up-Gradation U.P/ M.E. Schools to High Schools.
- Capacity Building of Teachers (SAMARTHYA)
- Functioning of School Management and Development Committee (SMDC) in Govt. and Govt. Aided High Schools.
- Inspiring students particularly girls through different scholarships and incentive schemes.
- No. of Primary Schools: 2315
- No. of U.P. Schools (6 to 8): 1322
- No. of High Schools (9 to 10): 671
- No. of Colleges: 117
Name of other Special School:
- Hellen Keller Red Cross School for the Deaf, Ambapua, Brahmapur
- Red Cross School for Blind, Ambapua, Brahmapur
- National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship (NMMS)
- Pathani Samanta Ganita Medha Bruti
2nd & 4th Wednesday of every month. Telephone No. of the Grievance Authority: 7735673402
Address of Head of the Office:
Office of the District Education Officer, Ganjam
At: Giri road, Brahmapur, P.O.: Brahmapur, PIN: 760005, Ganjam District, Odisha, India
Tel. / Fax: 0680-2233350/ 2233251
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
SARVA SIKHYA ABHIYAN- RIGHT TO EDUCATION (SSA-RTE) GANJAM:
- Imparting quality education for eight years to all Children in the age group of 6-14 years.
- Sarva Sikhya Abhiyan (SSA) is a Government of India’s flagship Programme for achievement of Universalization of Elementary Education (UEE) in a time bound manner, as mandated by 86th amendment to the Constitution of India making free and compulsory Education to the Children of 6-14 years age group, a Fundamental Right.
In Ganjam District SarvaShikshaAbhiyan has been implemented since with the following objectives-
- All children of 6-14 years age group in school by 2003
- All children to complete 5 years of schooling by 2007
- All children to complete 8 years of schooling by 2012
- Universal retention by 2012
- Bridge all gender and social category gaps at primary stage by 2007 and at Upper Primary stage by 2010
- Focus on Elementary Education of satisfactory quality with focus on education for life.
|SL No.||Block / Municipality Area||S & ME||TRW||AIDED||PRIVATE|
|PS||UPS (6 to 8)||HS (9 to 10)||College||PS||UPS||HS||College||PS||UPS||HS||College||PS||UPS||HS||College|
Address of the Head of Office:
District Project Coordinator, SSA, Ganjam
Disrict Project Office, Sarva Sikshya Abhiyan, Ganjam
At/PO: Chatrapur, PIN – 761020, Ganjam district, Odisha, India
Tel.: 06811-260833, 9437150257, Fax: 06811-262799